Dogs are the best.
From Global News:
A barking dog saved the lives of 15 people in the central Alberta community of Blackfalds early Wednesday morning, as a six unit townhouse complex went up in flames.
The fire started on a deck at around 2:30 a.m. A resident woke up to the sound of his dog barking in the back yard.
“Oh, I tell you, that would have been the end… my brother-in-law, my sister, my niece would have been dead. I probably would have been dead,” resident Justin Zieverink said.
Zieverink woke up everyone else in the home, but before they could even get their shoes on a barbecue propane tank exploded.
— Fletcher Kent (@FletcherKent) May 18, 2016
Dogs aren’t called man’s best friend for no reason.